Sunday, December 7, 2008
Our First Christmas Tree!
Last year we didn't get a tree because we were totally broke. We had this silly foot tall fake tree with a couple of ugly ornaments. This year I thought it was important have a good tree and also to start some traditions. We went to a Christmas Tree Farm outside of Terrell, about a forty minute drive. We had a great time riding the hay tractor out to the field and selecting the best tree. Kevin cut it down with a saw that they give you. He got those pesky stickers all over him- I think they're called cockle burrs. I couldn't help laughing, he was covered! He had to take off his sweatshirt and we picked them off his jeans. After he finished cutting the tree the tractor picked us up and took us to wrap our tree. We got home and set it in the stand. It is the perfect size, standing at 5.5 feet, and smells delicious! A lemony pine scent fills the entire house! I really believe we found the perfect tree, we actually agreed! When we brought it to have it shaken and wrapped I saw some of the trees that other people had selected. I thought to myself, "What were they thinking, of all the trees!?!" One was just pitiful. But I guess every tree needs a good home, right? Anyway, we had a great time and Kevin is proud that he cut it down. It makes him feel super manly. We will do this again next year.









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment