Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Free... Music to my ears!
Sunday in Dallas was an unusually warm and and beautifully sunny December day. That's what Texas likes to do before she blows in an Arctic blast of cold and freezing rain. To take advantage, we said no to the crazy mall and yes to Fair Park. They were having a Christmas event last weekend with live music and other holiday festivities, and everything was free- even parking!. We arrived just in time to hear the Dallas Wind Symphony play a Christmas concert at the Bandshell. They played a long list of holiday favorites, then played music for the audience to sing along to. There were so few people there that it was almost like a private concert! The rest of the event left me wondering if I was missing something. There wasn't alot to do. Santa was on a really long "15 minute cookie break" so no pictures with him, which I'm ok with. I wasn't thrilled about the idea anyway. So the rest of the evening we walked around, ate some mandatory junk food, and called it a day. Kevin was itching to get home to watch the Cowboys game. But I'm so glad we got to experience the music- what a treat!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment