Sunday, December 14, 2008

December Fun!

We are well into December now, and the holiday fun just doesn't stop! We still haven't finished decorating the tree yet. I haven't found ornaments that "speak" to me yet, except the other day at Anthropologie, (www.anthropologie.com) which by the way I love. They have the cutest stuff- if you ever want to get me a gift you can't go wrong with anything there ;) But at $18 a pop for cute ornaments I think I will have to wait for the after Christmas sale to get anything. That's a little steep for our budget.

We have been enjoying our fireplace. It is very relaxing to watch it flame and to hear it crackle.



I had my little monthly get together with my mommy friends. Fabulous Kam made Santa hats for all of the babies. They looked like little elves. I just love getting together with all of the mommies and the babies! We have so much fun eating, talking, and watching the babies play together. This month we had a massage therapist there and we all paid $1 per minute for a chair massage. It was so nice!





Yesterday I went to the store and bought stuff to make yummy holiday treats. One of the things I wanted to make was gingerbread men. I made gingerbread last week but I wanted to make actual men and decorate them. But I'll have to work on my other holiday baking projects first. I accidentally knocked the bottle of molasses off the counter. Yes, it broke and made a huge mess. I wasn't even sure how to go about cleaning such a mess. Luckily I had paper towels, which I don't buy but Kevin grabbed some last week from my family's storage barn while picking up Christmas decorations. I don't know what I would have done without them. I just scooped the molasses and glass into my dust pan with paper towels then wiped the rest with a cloth towel. But of all things to break, what a mess! At least most of the glass stuck in the molasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment