The real reason I agreed to go to Austin with my mom was so I could visit my other cousin Jen. Not that I didn't want to see my other family members, but ummmm... well, it was a combination, a bonus really.
Anyways, Jen is actually my second cousin, we have the same great-grandparents. Our dads were really close cousins, they hung out all the time. But I didn't see Jen alot growing up. I remember specifically her coming to my 3rd grade Halloween party. She was a hula girl and I thought she was soooo cool, I wanted to change my name to Jennifer. I don't remember playing with any other kids that night. We were a pair! Unfortunately, for some reason, after that we didn't see each other again. I always wondered about her. It wasn't until 17 years later that we reunited. She left a comment on the online guest book after my brother died. I thought that was so nice and was exited and curious to talk to her. I emailed her a thank you and we started emailing more and more, then talking on the phone. Now, 3 years later, we still talk all the time. We have so much in common- SO much. I'm just so thankful to have her in my life now. She's done so many nice things for me, she's very thoughtful. I enjoy our conversations and truly cherish our friendship. Here are some fun pics of our day.
Jen gave Fin a puppet show!
Her twin boys, Alex and Max (Leelee and Moomers) eating turkey legs, watching Star Wars.
Mom and Max, enjoying the aroma of tea
This is too cute! Little buddies!
Finley loved her husband Sean!
We had such a nice time. I wish she lived in Dallas!


I didn't realize she spelled her name like that. I was picturing it to be spelled like Dionne Warwick... ;)
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time too! So glad to have you in my life!
xoxxoxoxo