Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October!


Ahhh! Fall is here! No more sweltering afternoons! No more waking up in a pool of sweat, or not really knowing if you're wet because you just took a shower or because it's sweat.. Hello to pretty leaves, cool crisp mornings, always being able to find a cool spot in the bed. Hello to yummy food and fun decorations! Why aren't there fun summer decorations? I know why there's not yummy summer food- nobody wants to slave in a hot kitchen! One can only consume so much Gazpacho.


I love the next 8 months of the year!!! Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, January- hibernation, dark cold rainy days, Valentine's, St Patrick's, Easter, Finley's birthday, my birthday!

Then the dreaded months, June- um, black history month... not so meaningful to me personally. July- the 4th of July, Wow! I get to sit in traffic 2 hours on the way to find a "good spot" to sit and watch a 20 minute fireworks show while sitting downwind from someone's toxic OFF cloud and worry about getting salmonella from bad potato salad. Then sit in more traffic on the way home. August- nothing good happens in August or September. It's too hot for anyone to think of a fun event. And it's "Back to School" time- a time of year that will forever irritate me to my core. I re-live the panic, anxiety and dread I felt and I've been out of school 10 years. The only good thing about the summer months is swimming. But the older I get, the less I enjoy worrying about sunburn, smelling like chlorine, and making sure the junk doesn't fall out of the trunk. Now I have a little guy to worry about sunburn and drowning, takes the fun right out of it! I know, I know- I'm Negative Nancy. It's still to hot outside- hence the mood.

I'm am just really pleased that today marks the first day of happy months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment