



Ok so I just realized how much time I really spend on the computer. I not only have a blog, I have a myspace account, a cafemom.com account, I am a member of like 5 yahoo groups, I read blogs, find recipes, jobs, cars, clothes, toys, information...everything. I also download music, upload photos, and type letters. Over 50% of communication between me and my friends is over text or email. How much is too much? What happened before computers? People saw each other face to face or over the phone- but present and in person regardless. Going to the music store, the bank, even clothing stores. You really never have to leave your home. I always feel like it's easier to get on the computer, quicker and cheaper. But is it taking something away from the personal life experience?
And I often find myself trying to distract and entertain Finley while I finish something on the computer, like "Hold on honey, I just have to finish this email, write down directions, get a recipe. It just doesn't feel right. Me on this machine- like he must feel like what is that thing and why is she giving it more attention than me? I feel like he is at the age that he needs to be constantly engaged, like he deserves it. I realizeI spend too much time at home. But now I have this job, I am not going to be able to spend as much time on my internet interactions and transactions. I will want to be spending that time entertaining Finley, or getting sufficient rest. He deserves the uttmost attention.
And I often find myself trying to distract and entertain Finley while I finish something on the computer, like "Hold on honey, I just have to finish this email, write down directions, get a recipe. It just doesn't feel right. Me on this machine- like he must feel like what is that thing and why is she giving it more attention than me? I feel like he is at the age that he needs to be constantly engaged, like he deserves it. I realizeI spend too much time at home. But now I have this job, I am not going to be able to spend as much time on my internet interactions and transactions. I will want to be spending that time entertaining Finley, or getting sufficient rest. He deserves the uttmost attention.


No comments:
Post a Comment