Friday, October 17, 2008

The week in review.

Well, Whole Foods. I'm sorry to let you down. Maybe we can team up in the future. You see, I'm just not ready to leave my sweet angel baby for 30+ hours a week. As practical and responsible as it seemed to get a job in our troubled economic times, my stomach brain wouldn't let me proceed. Over the years I've learned the hard way to listen to my gut. It just isn't the right time to go back to work and I'm not sure if it ever will be. Confirming my decision, my fortune cookie from last night's Chinese takeout: "You will never need to worry about a steady income." Enough said.

This week I bought some organic sweet potatoes baby food. We tried to feed him but I'm not sure he's ready. I don't want to deprive him but I don't want to force or rush him either. So I just let him experience the taste and feel for a bit every day. Kevin fed him one day. It was pretty cute! I think it will be at least a month before he is ready to throw down with the food. Anyway, breast is best for the first year.



























Wednesday night I watched the final presidential debate. I was hesitant to because I know who my guy is and the other two debates really irritated me. I'm glad I watched it though, it was so much better than the other two. Obama brought a tear to my eye when talking about education in America, "Parents are going to have to show more responsibility. They've got to turn off the TV set, put away the video games, and, finally, start instilling that thirst for knowledge that our students need." Amen! McCain had a hard time hiding his temper in this one. It was funny because I think he forgot he was constantly on camera with the split screens.


The Thursday SNL Weekend Update joked that the debate was between "Joe Cool" and Yosemite Sam. Very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment