Last night's Saturday Night Live was hysterical. Mostly they did skits on the economy, but the real Sarah Palin was on. I really don't care for her but she was very funny.Amy Poeler's rap scene was sooo great. I think it may be the funniest skit I've seen in awhile. She's very pregnant- I;m not sure when she's due but it's got to be soon. It made it even better! It's almost like she's at her best- right before she takes a break for motherhood. I thought she did a really great job! But I always think she's funny. And Sarah Palin was just casually dancing along. http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/update-palin-rap/773781/
So today is Kevin's birthday. Happy Birthday Kevin!!! He bought us a new laptop- "Thanks honey." I made lunch today- Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche with an arugula and heirloom tomato salad. Kevin wouldn't eat it- something about the quiche being hot...? I think there may have been too many "healthy" things on the plate.
Later we went to White Rock Lake and sat by the water for a bit. We gave the ducks some bread. It was very relaxing. I baked him a cake tonight, it was delicious. I must give the recipe since it turned out so well. It wasn't that pretty but I think that's because Kevin was so impatient, he couldn't wait for the cake to cool. He made me ice it like 25 mins out of the oven. It was too soon.
I altered the "One Bowl Chocolate Cake" Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book. I doubled the original to make 2 cakes so I could layer.
2 C flour ( I used organic unbleached)
2 cup organic sugar
1C unsweetened cocoa powder
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder- aluminum free
1 tsp salt ( I forgot the salt)
1 1/2 cup milk ( I used vanilla rice milk)
2/3 cup oil (coconut)
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 handfuls chocolate chips (optional- I added this)
2 9in round cake pans, prepared
In large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add milk, oil, and vanilla.,Beat with electric mixer on low until combined. Beaty on medium 2 more minutes, add eggs, beat 2 mins more.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 mins- test with toothpick.
Cool on rack 10 mins. Remove from pans and cool thoroughly on racks. (Patience!!!)
Frosting
1C chocolate chips
3Tbsp Butter
slowly melt
add 1 1/2 C powdered sugar
3 Tbsp hot water
Soooooo yummy!


No comments:
Post a Comment