Thursday, November 6, 2008
Breakfast sabotage!
The last two mornings, my enjoyment of breakfast has been rudely interrupted by intruders. This morning I took a gulp of coffee and felt a chunk enter my mouth. I immediately knew it was a fly. Luckily I was able to spit it out before I swallowed it! Yesterday, my oatmeal had a funny taste. I tried to ignore it as I had no more left. As I took a bite of oatmeal I felt the familiar crunch, the shock and horror of accidentally placing an onion in my mouth. I almost puked. I am very funny about onions. I really hate them but have come to see them as a necessary component of many delicious recipes. The night before, my corn pudding had onions. I guess somehow the offending onion survived the dish washer, ended up on my little pan, and found it's way into my oatmeal. My breakfast was ruined since not only did I spit back in my bowl, but the onion ha left it's mark. I had to resort to finishing my breakfast with chocolate chip cookies. But I cannot emphasize enough how much I hate onions. When I was pregnant, I was eating a salad that had tiny onions in it. I was trying to pick them out, but it was impossible. Already nauseous from being pregnant (I puked 5 times a day for months!) I accidentally ate an onion. My eyes started to water and the gag reflex went off. I threw up a little in my mouth but had to swallow b/c I was at a dinner table with nowhere to expel. My friend's mother was like- "Geez! It's just a little onion, whats the big deal?!?" I don't think she knew what she was saying, which is why I didn't put dog poo in her food and say, "Geez, it's just a little poo, whats the big deal?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment