Monday, November 3, 2008

Blueberry disaster to chocolate chip cookie heaven

I have become obsessed with coconut. I love it. I never knew! I knew I loved pina coladas but wasn't a fan of Hostess snowballs. I didn't know about the huge coconut world- oil, flower, cream, milk...it's all so wonderful! And healthy! Coconut flour adds do much fiber to whatever you're baking. It makes whatever indulgent treat you are making not so bad...right?

So I wanted to make my favorite blueberry coffeecake a little healthier. It didn't work out so well, but totally my fault.







I tried to alter the recipe I know and substituted coconut oil, coconut flour, agave nectar, and vanilla rice milk. It looked delicious but lacked in flavor and texture. After researching the proper way to incorporate the ingredients, I ended up forgetting to add baking soda and powder- duh! It was really sad since I took so much care to figure it out and plus I took pictures of everything ( love my camera!) I like the pictures because they are pretty so I went ahead and posted them. So that was a bummer, plus the agave nectar just wasn't quite as delicious as regular sugar. So this cake was not a winner.




So tonight, determined to make something yummy and to use my coconut oil and coconut flour I made chocolate chip cookies. They are the most delicious chocolate chip cookies that I have ever had. Seriously. So good!

Cookies:
Mix in large bowl:
2 cups unbleached flour
1/4 cup coconut flower
1 tsp salt
1tsp baking soda

Mix in another bowl
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 stick butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar ( I used mostly light, a bit dark)
2 eggs
1 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla

Add to flour. Add bag semi sweet chocolate chips.

Make cookies, cook 10 mins at 350.




Try not to eat too many. It will give you an upset stomach. I know from experience.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY!!!!!

    I HAVE to find some coconut flour. I'll check at WFM next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete