I have to report that Finley is such a wonderful, sweet, caring big brother. He always brings toys for Caelan to play with. If Caelan spits up he runs to get a cloth and gently wipes it away. If he sees danger he removes it- like in the case of the purple tablecloth in the background of this picture, he folds the edges out of his reach so he can't pull it off and have the things on the table fall on his head. But there are times that make me crazy- like when he spit cereal all over his head and thought it was sooooo funny that Caelan had milk dripping down his face. Or when I walked in the room and he was standing on him- on his bum.
Finley really likes me to take his picture, especially after he's done something goofy- like stick his face in ketchup.
Look how similar their eyes are- like saucers!
Caelan turned 6 months old the other day so we marked the occasion with his first food- sweet potatoes. Though afterward I decided to wait a little longer to make it a habit. I'm not convinced his digestive system is ready. Once he is capable of sitting better without support we will try again.
They LOVE each other so much. Please ignore gross carpet.
Finley is enjoying painting. Every day he asks to paint.
After he is done painting on paper, he enjoys covering his body. Blue is his regular preference.
Here he said, "Look mom, I painted a circle!" This was without my prompting! Who needs preschool?!
Getting creative here- he got out the pipe cleaners and made a "weed eater."
Daddy brought home tattoos from work.
Perfect lazy day dinner- I keep Meatless Meatloaf Muffins and Zucchini Pancakes in the freezer. When I'm not cooking a meal it is oh so convenient and guilt free! Plus it's hearty- guaranteed to avoid the bedtime hungrys! I've had people ask for the recipes so- Meatloaf Muffins on food.com
and
Zucchini Pancakes
2C grated zucchini
2 Eggs
1/2 C chickpea flour
1/2 C parmesan
1/2 C mozzarella
variation:instead of parm/mozz use 1C cheddar
mix all ingredients and cook like pancakes on med-high heat. makes about 8
fake smile
Kevin's friend "Uncle Lupe" gave these cars to Finley. They were such a hit that I woke up in the middle of the night to find him playing with them, he turned the light on in the back porch room and was vrooming away!
Random Caelan pics!
Snug with daddy while I go off to "work" at the Hauschka counter.
Mud monster. Enough said.
Finley will be three in a few days. Though this is a hard age as far as him exerting independence (defiance) it is soooo fun to hear what comes out of his mouth. He has a full vocabulary and use of language that astounds me. If you ask him to tell a story he begins with, "Once upon a time in a far away land..." then will literally talk your ear off telling a story peppered with great detail of him and his friends (usually Vin as his accomplice and Sienna as the princess they rescue) and their adventures with dragons, forests, mountains, tigers, sharks and always chocolate. Chocolate rivers, trees, and big cakes. This started with Kevin encouraging the stories by asking questions and planting ideas but now he's off and can really tell a whopper!
Notice the positions!
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a wonderful post! Glad to hear that Vin is his partner in imaginary crime. Looking forward to Thursday!
ReplyDeleteKam