Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not a baby, or even a toddler anymore.




This was Finley's last day being 2 years old.  I am so overwhelmed with feelings I can't describe.  Happy yet sad.  Excited yet dreadful.  It's unbelievable that he is like- not a baby, in a whole new developmental stage, at the age (I thought would take forever to get to) that he can play with all those neat toys that say "3 and up."

Not that I got him toys for his birthday.  I figured others will take care of that.
This book is one thing I got for Finley for his birthday.  This book is AMAZING!  It's so beautifully illustrated and it is such a simple yet profound explanation of the world.  I highly recommend it!
 All I See Is Part of Me
Also, we got him tumbled rock crystals- 4 little stones with a little pouch to put them in.  He got a clear quartz, emerald fuchsite, pink spinel, and hematite.  If you are wondering why in the world I gave him crystals for his birthday, read this article.

Just before he closed his eyes tonight, he said, "I love you mommy.  And I love Astrid and Jolie, and chocolate and doughnuts and oatmeal and my sandbox and playing in water and smashing my jelly cakes (sandcastles) and helping you with dinner and making cookies and watching Spongebob and carrots with ranch and teff and my kitchen and going to the park..." In that order.  I'm not sure why he wanted to tell me everything he loves, he's never done that. And he also left out a lot.  I think he was soooo tired and just rambling. 

For our memories-

Before bed, I have to sing songs.  I sing- "All Things Bright and Beautiful,"  "Go to Sleepy Little Baby," "The Body of the Ocean," (which if Caelan is crying and I sing this he always immediately stops) and "Frere Jaques."  Also, before bed, if I am with him I tell him stories about Jessie- I made Jessie up- and it's like it's him I just retell his day to him but say it's Jessie, but sometimes he and Jessie go on adventures.  But if Kevin is putting him to bed, he asks him for stories about a boy named Charlie.

And his diet: every single day he asks for: Teff, O's, and a peanut (butter) sandwich and apples/applesauce.  That's all he ever wants.  Luckily we can also get him to also have a green smoothie, and eat black beans or lentils with brown rice, salmon, tuna, and yogurt.  Also he lovesPacific Natural Foods Organic Soup, Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato, 16-Ounce Cartons (Pack of 12)and I mean LOVES this soup with "cheesy toast."  And he loves broccoli too.   And...for the extra special treat- unsweetened chocolate almond milk with yummy   Shake and Go or chocolate Amazing Grass.  But that's really the basics of what he eats on a regular basis.  I guess it could be worse!

I guess that's all the little details of his 3 year old life.  I am just so ferklempt about this 3 year old milestone.  I wish we could push pause!

No comments:

Post a Comment