Monday, April 11, 2011

Finley's 3rd birthday!

I think Finley had a lovely birthday. The day started with Kevin and I singing Happy Birthday to him in bed. Then we were off to Tea and Tale where Lisa made him an amazingly delicious carrot cake in the shape of a star, made him a star necklace and a crown, and did a special puppet show about a baby (him) coming to earth from a star on a rainbow.



Afterward, we headed home for a nap, then we were off to Flagpole Hill for his kite party.

Here is Astrid and Jolie playing with their little kites we gave all the kids.
And Kevin getting  the big kite ready.


That's my mom (Noni) in the red shirt.
Lourdes and baby Ellie
Getting ready to sing and have cake.





Blowing out his candles
I love this picture! 

You may recognize the plates from his first and second birthdays.  They are those Preserve plates- very durable!

Did I mention the Caelan and baby Ellie are 4 days apart?  We did not plan that!
Mama Cass dished out the goods!
Also for the record- the chocolate cake was actually made with carob powder instead of cocoa to eliminate caffeine and applesauce replaced 2/3 of the butter and 3/4 of the sugar and I replaced some of the white flour with whole wheat. Not bad!  Seriously, it was pretty good!
That's Kevin, Finley, and Astrid.






And here is Finley, back at the cake and ice cream, all by himself- eating more.

Zen with a little doodle bug.
Kam and Marion
Noni and Caelan
And here he is eating more...
and more...
and more...
and more still!






Ooh a brush from Noni- just what he always wanted.  I think that was a hint to me!  Really he loves to brish his hair so  he can make it long so people can climb his hair!

And that night at home, at the time of his birth, we sang to him one last time and let him have more cake!


Opening his gifts from us.  He loves his magic rocks.








His tree- 2 years old!
And here is the end of the cake.  We pigged out on it yesterday after nap!



Thanks to everyone who made Finley's birthday so special.  We love our friends and appreciate  everyone who came to celebrate with us!

1 comment:

  1. That cake was seriously good. I would take that over "real" chocolate, fo' real! Do you remember what you did exactly? Definitely want that again.

    What a lovely day you all had!

    ReplyDelete