Kevin put it on one day while we were hanging out and we all danced but I didn't think he'd remember several days later! Now he is full on obsessed and wants to listen to it all the time! I guess it's in his genes- at his age I watched "The Making of Thriller" at least once a day! Michael Jackson was my first celebrity crush. I went to his Moonwalk concert at Texas Stadium in 1984. I was bummed when he got "weird" but I never doubted his innocence during those crazy allegations. I cried for days when he died. Finley said he wants to go see him. I said we can't because he lives in Heaven now. Of course he doesn't understand what that means, other than knowing that Mimi and Uncle Trey live there. He says he wants to go there and I tell him we can only go in our dreams. How do you explain that to a (almost) 3 year old?
In other news...
These pics are highlights of the happenings in the past month or so.
This is a bread making day. I was shocked at the new ability of Finley to really help me make the bread. He actually leveled the flour, mixed and kneaded!
Of course he had to lick the molasses and honey!
I didn't get a pic of the final product but here he is about to enjoy a slice with some eggs.
I swear I can never get a smiley pic of Caelan- he is very wary of the camera!
He just stares at it! He's so curious about it!
Caelan's first high chair experience!
Our favorite breakfast lately- Teff and Organic Turkey bacon. This is currently the only land meat he eats. I am easing him into the birds. I wanted him to know, understand, and appreciate where his food comes from before offering him meat. He seems to naturally have an aversion to meat but I also wonder if he was conditioned by me to avoid it. But since he is an O blood type- I feel he needs to eat some.
Ooooh the weird flashy thing!
Okay, I have NO idea what this was about. Finley was concentrating, quiet, and serious while piling wet sand on his head.
Caelan looks SO much like Finley here!
This is the TV stare. If the TV is on Caelan will literally do a back bend to watch it. Here I put him down for a second when Kevin had the
Bath time with daddy!
Making bird feeders! A few weeks ago I attempted to make birdseed molds with gelatin. It was a disaster in many ways. I have seen people do pine cone feeders but I'm not making a trip to the craft store just for a pine cone. My brilliant idea- peanut butter on bread with seeds. It worked great except the birds don't get to them before the squirrels or the opossums!
He just loves dirt!
Finley painted this lovely bird house-
Cost for supplies:
Bird house- $1
Paint: $0.89
Foam paint brush: $0.99
Hour of quiet time: priceless!
Mmmmm- snot and sandy "ice cream pole."
This was super cute- Finley sharing his rocks with Caelan!
He was not upset here- he was asking "Can you bring me (I forgot what)?"
We love our boys!


I love that you posted so many pics! I've been so bad about even just taking pictures lately. Good on you!
ReplyDeleteEllie does the same back bend thing with the TV. She'll do it with any screen, really. And she's very sneaky. These babies!