I was craving low country shrimp tonight. I had everything to make it but the shrimp, which I didn't miss. If you're not a bacon eater, I suppose you could try to make this but I'm not giving a guarantee. Bacon makes this meal!
So, if you're ever in that comfort food kinda mood, this is something different yet easy to make.
You need:
Organic Corn Grits/Polenta
3 pc bacon (pref nitrate free)
2 green onions
Some garlic of some sort
Can diced tomatoes (need I say organic?)
Tabasco sauce
Goat cheese (again, the big O.)...(you can sub cheddar but not as yummy.)
~Fry 3 pieces of bacon (not turkey- the real deal!!!) Don't overcook- no crispies!
~When nice and cooked throw in 2 chopped green onions. Don't even think about pouring out that grease!
~As onions cook, toss in some garlic- I used bottled but fresh is best. And put in however much suits yer fancy!
~Open tomatoes, drain, pour.
~Add tabasco- don't be shy!
Add a dash of salt and pepper for good measure
Let simmer on low.
~Pull out your organic polenta and make it according to cereal directions. You can start this after you get the sauce going b/c it cooks so quickly.
~When grits are ready, pour into shallow bowl and pour sauce over top. Finish with crumbled goat cheese.
Viola!
So you might be thinking that Kevin was super thrilled at this greasy bacon dinner. But no. Of course, he hates grits. Everyone thinks they hate grits! Boy are they missing out! So what did Kevin have for dinner? Um... He had a grilled ham and cheese and a french fry sandwich- complete with butter. I made him the ham and cheese with fries but watched in horror as he buttered 2 more pieces of bread and slapped his fries between them.
He didn't want me to take a picture of his dinner. I think it's funny!


No comments:
Post a Comment