His party was great. We planted a tree in his honor. Here are some pics from the big day!
How cute is the birthday boy? His kilt is straight from Scotland. Thanks Granny Broon!
The food! I made pesto crostinis, spinach artichoke dip, hummus, marinated eggplant, rosemary flatbread, and then just had some asparagus, boiled eggs, carrots, apples, strawberries, and havarti cheese. I miss working in catering so I had to take advantage!
The cupcakes! The tree trunk are chocolate for the adults and the tree leaves are apple carrot cakes with cream cheese apple juice icing. Parsley is the green- I couldn't figure out how to color the icing w/o food coloring. I saw my friend's sister at Whole Foods and she had the great idea. Thanks Candace!
Kam, Vin, Lisa, and Lourdes
Cassandra and Jeff
Katherine and Wesley
The party in action
Prince Finley
Babies in the balls! Grandpa and Peepaw gave him this awesome swing/slide/ball pit!
Enjoying some grub!
Everyone signed this picture frame!
Grandpa and Peepaw gave him some chocolate cake icing. Grrrrrr! I got a little upset. I go back and forth between being annoyed and thinking- how cute!
Blowing out his candle!
Mom and Dad with Finley
Enjoying his cake!
This is Gretchen. We've been friends since high school. She was my lifesaver at his birth. She lived downstairs from me and came upstairs to help me through labor. If she hadn't been there we would have been in trouble!
Opening presents! He got so many cool toys, an awesome little Sigg bottle with airplanes, and a little bamboo fork and spoon! Our friend Kim donated money to the National Wildlife Federation in Finley's name!
Planting the tree! We planted a Northern Catalpa for Finley. Before we planted it, we said a little prayer.
Dad and Fin
Me and Fin with Gretchen and Melissa
Us and Noni (my mom.)
Thanks so much to everyone who came to help celebrate our special day!


It was a wonderful party and celebration of Finley's first year. We were so glad to have been a part of it!
ReplyDeleteWe're so glad we were there too. It was fun AND delicious. Thanks again, Ashley, for setting the bar so high (GRRRR)!
ReplyDeletehappy first bday, Finley! grow healthy and happy always!
ReplyDeletehe's so adorable with the kilt. hahaha.. the one where the kilt cover his dad's head is so much fun!
enjoy all the pictures! all the babies are so adorable. and i admire Finley's daddy and mommy that plant a tree for Finley's first bday!!!! a brilliant idea. if only i did also for my two daughters.