Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Magical Day!

I awoke this morning with the feeling that the world was vibrating. Excitement was in the air. Barack Obama was about to be sworn in as our 44th President and I had friends coming over to celebrate the occasion. I had a short night of sleep since I was up late cooking. In addition to being excited about my day, I was thrilled at the fun dream I had. I dreamt that the Obamas came over for breakfast and then took a nap. Weird, yes. But not as weird as the dream I had a couple of days ago- I dreamt that I was working in the office at my old elementary school and Barack Obama was visiting. I wanted to have my picture made with him and when he put his arm around me to pose I got a feeling of love and goodness. It was as if he was radiating peace, and I felt so energized by it. So- two weird Obama dreams, which is even weirder since I generally don't dream about people I don't know. The only dream I can remember is one I had that Patrick Swayze was in. Anyway, I was excited about my day. I dressed myself nicer than I normally would for a day at home, putting on a black cardigan twinset with a pearl brooch. I called it my politician's wife outfit. I even did full makeup! It was very fun!

As I turned on the t.v. I saw the thousands (million+) of people standing in The Mall waiting to experience history. It was astounding and I was drawn to tears. I am so proud of him, our country, and looking forward to a renewed sense of patriotism and spirit in people in addition to the the changes he will assuredly bring. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I just have a feeling.





I had so much fun cooking. I made blueberry oatmeal muffins, sweet potato "meadow cakes" (they look like cow poo- get it,) broccoli and cheddar quiche, a mushroom and parmesan quiche, and sour cream pancakes. Yum. Also I got strawberries which were excpetionally delicious and grapefruit juice that I forgot how much I loved. Katherine and Wesley, Lourdes and Sienna, Cassandra and Astrid and Jolie came over. It was a lovely day.

I was going to ask, what was Jill Biden thinking with those boots? They weren't very "Presidential." I would have chose different shoes, even of that meant selecting a different outfit. Those boots say "night on the town," or "intern rocking the hip professional look. Whatever- they aren't for this occasion. But on second look, in this picture at least, it doesn't look that bad.

2 comments:

  1. We are sooo disappointed we couldn't make it!
    All the food sounds wonderful - you are such a suzy homemaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like the picture with Finley on your back. what a good idea for working at home! =)

    ReplyDelete