When I say busy, I mean leisurely fulfilled. On Monday and Wednesdays I keep Evie and Johnny. (No more of the other boys. Finley said he didn't want JP to come here again. They didn't get along and Finley is still talking about it like 6 weeks later.) Finley and Evie get along great and Evie says they are getting married,. Except when Finley doesn't eat his lunch, she says she's going to have to marry Caelan because Finley won't be big and strong (really!) And Johnny and Caelan enjoy each other and I think the real fun is yet to come since Caelan just started walking! On Thursdays we have our Waldorf homeschool co op. Fridays are field trip days- either Tiny Trekkers or some other adventure. Tuesdays have been free but I think we may add another day to our co op get togethers.
Caelan has been taking 3-5 steps at a time for the last week or so and finally today he's getting braver and made a real effort to walk to his destination rather than crawl. It's been interesting to see him taking his time to walk when Finley was off after just a few practice steps. But his crawl is like lightning. When he does the bear crawl- usually on grass or hard floors- he goes SO fast it's funny, I;m going to miss it! He says a few words- dada, mama (melt my heart), hide (and pulls blanket, bib, whatever over his head) fish, and Kevin said he says water now.
Finley is changing a lot, I have noticed his body taking the shape of a 4 year old recently, longer limbs and torso. He is flexing his free will muscles and really testing our patience. He is also embracing the word "idiot" and insists that it is his word to use and I am at a loss because he DID get it from a book I was reading to him. In other antics, he likes to pretend he's a dragon and blows fire and he has been blowing on people and things which inevitably makes him spit.
Never a dull moment around here. Seriously, now I now why moms have a hard time showering!


No comments:
Post a Comment