Thursday, January 12, 2012

Goodbye 2011!

Yes, I am a bit late getting this started.  I have been sicker than I have been since I was a kid for the last 10 days or so.  It started New Year's Eve.  I uttered the words, "...and I never got sick!" and I thought oh no!  I have just jinxed myself.  About 4 hours later I had a scratchy throat.  I didn't feel right.  The next day I was supposed to have family over for New Year's Day but they ended up not being able to make it.  I was disappointed but it was probably for the best because I would have had champagne.  Then I would have been even sicker- I'm sure- since alcohol wreaks havoc on the immune system.  As does sugar, the reason for my downfall.  The day before I got sick I made chocolate chip cookies.  They were sooooo good.  I gave some to 2 of my neighbors, and Kevin and Finley had some.  I ate the rest.  Meaning I probably ate 8 in a 24 hour period.  2 when I made them, 2 for a late night snack, 2 for breakfast (I know!) and then 2 for an afternoon snack (uh, yeah.)  So total immune system sabotage, right after Finley got over his cold I got it, only worse.  Snot, coughing, headache, chest ache, fever, chills, misery.  After he first couple of days I didn't take it seriously, I thought it should be about over so I steam cleaned my carpet, I babysat... I went about my business though I still felt pretty awful.  On the 7th day I thought I was finally feeling better so I ventured out on errands- the YMCA, Half Price Books, and Jo Ann's.  In the craft store I started to feel woozy and feverish but had to go to Whole Foods.  When I got home I indeed had a fever.  I thought about going to a Dr. but then my senses came back to me and I knew I had the tools of combat.  Probiotics, apple cider vinegar and honey, coconut oil, thyme, anise, lemon balm and white cherry bark tea, fermented garlic, fermented oil of oregano, goldenseal, echinacea, vitamins C&D, elderberry extract, beta glucan, broth based soups, warm compress to the head and eucalyptus oil rubbed on my chest and 48 hours later I was as good as new!   Sooooo glad I didn't get antibiotics, I'd be paying for it later!  I only wish I had taken better care of myself to begin with!


So enough about me!  Here are some pics!



 Advent Spiral Bread








 Painting Christmas stars
 Santa Lucia Day!





 They do have the a similar smile!

 Playing in the long awaited rain!

 Santa left milk and cookies for the kids!



 Oooh rain boots!


 Dinosaurs!




Hope your holidays were full of love and light!

No comments:

Post a Comment