Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Magic Time Machine!

Since we are coming up close to the time when going out to dinner will be out of the question, I thought it would be nice to take Finley out for a special dinner. We had a gift card earned through Swagbucks (which I highly recommend signing up for) to the Magic Time Machine. Since the Molina-Stapeltons are approaching the same time- new addition to family- I called to see if they'd join us. Finley loves all of his friends but calls Sienna "My Sienna." He developed a true bond with her during the times that I kept her at our house. I call this night their chaperoned date!

I went to the Magic Time Machine many times as a child with my grandparents.  I remember thinking it was the coolest place ever and the waiters there were really entertaining and funny.  Whenever I have gone as an adult I seem to get a boring waiter and a boring booth.  I thought maybe they were reserving the "good" people/tables for people with children, but this time was no exception.  Instead of the crayon box or school bus, we sat in the library (yawn) and had Belle from Beauty and the Beast as our waitress.  I wouldn't exactly call her funny and she seemed a bit irrirated by the nature of her job, but did her best to keep a smile on her face!  The kids were...well, kids.  Sienna was way better "behaved" than Finley and actually ate some dinner.  Finley was a bit of a handful and was only interested in eating bread.  And when we got home, he asked for dinner!  









Finley was so happy to be sitting next to Sienna that he climbed over Jamie like 10 times to get to the giant loaf of bread.  Poor Jamie!







We had a lovely time but I'm not sure I'm up for another dinner with the kids anytime soon- even at the kid friendliest restaurant in town!  Boy is he a handful!  And in about 2 weeks, there will be TWO of them!  I cannot begin to imagine...!

No comments:

Post a Comment