Jack Black has led me to a significant decision regarding the new baby's name!
After wasting time watching Year One (it was mildly entertaining,) I pondered what movie I had first seen Jack Black in and decided to look him up on Wikipedia. As I read, I learned that he lived in a place called Culver City during his childhood. I thought that Culver was a nice name so I looked it up. It means "dove" in Old English. I am amazed because that is what the name Cailean, which we have been considering means in Gaelic. We were briefly considering Gavin but were concerned about it's over use lately. However Finley said several times that he liked Gavin better and the baby's name was Gavin so that's what we were leaning towards. But now that I feel like I am being told that he is a "Dove" I feel like Gavin is out. So the question is:
Cailean or Culver?
As I write this Kevin is telling me that Culver will never happen. But I really like it! :(
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



This made me laugh Ashley :) I love Jack Black but yes, that movie totally sucked. I LOVE Cailean. Gavin is nice too. Who cares if it's over-used? It's your kid. When I hear Culver, this is what I think of: http://www.culvers.com/
ReplyDeleteFood for thought for the Food for Thought blog :)
I totally forgot about that place! There's one in McKinney! There's not very many though...?
ReplyDeleteYou're so funny! I agree, Year One was mildly funny, I admit I zoned out one day to it too! :o)
ReplyDeleteAs for the name, I'm still in favor of Cailean.
Love and miss y'all!