Friday, May 8, 2009

Thirty!

Tomorrow is my thirtieth birthday. I am excited yet a bit freaked out. Just as I feel anxiety that there are not enough hours in the day, I feel anxiety that I do not have enough years to do everything that I want to do. I know- I'm only thirty- the new twenty, my life is just beginning. And it is- my new life really did just begin. And if I have as much fun these next 10 yeas as I did the last 10 years I will be thrilled. Though it surely will be a different kind of fun (no more adventures in globe trotting and bar hopping,) it's exciting to anticipate. I love my life now but it makes my heart skip a beat that I am not able to just think of myself when making decisions. I will always- or for at least the next 17 years- think of someone else with every single decision I make. But Paris can wait until I'm 50. Right now I'm happy romancing at home in Garland.

I always like to do a year in review. In the past year I have watched in awe as my sweet baby boy has grown- each day something new! I said goodbye to my grandmother. I was fired for the first time in my life. I was hired for a new job that I think may last! I have made wonderful new friends. I traveled to Austin and San Diego. I practiced a lot of conflict resolution (spousal disagreements.) I baked a lot of cookies, cakes, muffins, and bread. I think I added a few pounds to the figure-not so great. But I am very satisfied with the last year of my life and am looking forward to my next decade as a "thirty-something."

My imaginary gifts to myself:
I looooove strawberry cake. Honestly the kind from a box- Pillsbury I think- YUM! But I have moved on from that. But Celebrity Cafe makes the real deal so I may have to pop in for a real slice.
Pretty flowers- pesticide free!


And I would also love a day of shopping followed by a few hours at a spa. Oh to dream!

1 comment:

  1. happy belated birthday ashley! all the best for the future!!!

    ReplyDelete