Sunday, March 8, 2009

A taste of San Diego

Oh my gosh I never thought I'd be so happy to be home! Yes, happy to be back to lame Dallas. Dallas may not have sandy beaches, palm trees, beautiful hills, or pedestrian friendly streets, but is is what I call home. It is great to be back in a familiar, cozy environment, and best of all, to be home with Kevin. I think Finley really started to miss home and daddy. He became abnormally clingy with me, not letting me even put him down! Changing Trevor's diapers became a real task with Finley screaming and trying to climb my leg. He had fun with Trevor at first but soon became aware that he was taking my attention away from him. I think the first offense was trying to have Trevor in our bed for nap time. That was unacceptable and caused a serious upset of screaming and crying, which caused sweet Trevor to be upset. I had to call in Lisa for that one. But for the most part, taking care of the boys was pretty easy. I walked around the Gaslamp all day long. I was afraid to venture too far because I didn't want to be stuck far away in the middle of an unhappy baby situation. Luckily there weren't any scenes caused because I kept each outing to a maximum of 2 hours. I wanted to come back to the hotel to eat, change diapers, and give them some exercise- playing on the floor.

Here we are out and about!


Playing together!






This is Finley when he isn't fed fast enough! Trevor is like, "Dude, chill out!"


Feeding two babies can be a bit messy!



So what is the key to staying sane while caring for two little ones in a strange place? Treats! Treats for me that is. Even though I was on the cheap, it was totally necessary for a daily extravagance. That's the fun of vacation right?

A mocha latte!
Room service was totally necessary one night. This organic salad was worth every penny! The tomatoes were the best I have ever had! Seriously the yummiest salad ever!

The pizza wasn't so fabulous, but that was probably my fault. I asked for chicken instead of the shrimp that it was supposed to have.


The boys fell asleep in the stroller and I couldn't resist a happy hour Newcastle. I rationalized it with the theory that dark beer helps milk production.

Finley woke up during my moment of relaxation, so while Trevor slept...
(Trevor's bib is sideways because Finley is a pacifier thief! Ripped it right off when I wasn't looking)

...we had a bit of silly play time!

Part 2, our adventures in Newport Beach, coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like quite the adventure! (And I don't think you ever have to justify having a Newcastle.) Glad y'all made it back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're glad you guys are back and we're happy to hear it went well!
    Hope to see you on Friday if not before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you take care of 2 babies at a time? wow !!!

    ReplyDelete