Greetings from Sunny San Diego! I am here with my friend Lisa to babysit her son Trevor while she is at a conference for her work. Trevor is 3 months younger than Finley and has not yet figured out how to crawl so I don't have 2 little worms on the loose, only one. Trevor is actually the easiest baby in the world to care for. He is so sweet, very chill.
Other than me only getting 1 and a half hour of sleep the night before we left, our travel day went swimmingly. Finley had a meltdown from the airport to the hotel, and that continued in the lobby of the hotel, but he has been fine since. He was just over tired from our crazy morning of travel. Both babies were very sweet and quiet on the plane rides here. We flew to LA first, then took a 20 minute flight here. Finley actually wanted to play most of the way from DFW to LAX, which was fine with me, as long as he was happy and not causing a scene! I can't sleep on planes unless I am working. Weird, I know. But I couldn't sleep even when he was sleeping. I heard every little peep, every rustle of paper. Anyways, I was very worried about having a bad flight but it was all good!
We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel, and yes, you should be very jealous. When I get off the elevaor on our floor, I am greeted by a giant picture of Green Day!!! There are pictures of rock stars all over the hotel. It is a really fun atmosphere. I always thought the Hard Rock Cafe was a bit cheezy, even though I was really sad and disappointed when y closed and tore down the one in Dallas. There really isn't anything cheezy about this place. It's more like me and Lisa are Wayne and Garth- "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!" Everything is cool! The freaking spare toilet paper roll has a special bag with a cool design on it. The iron is sleek and black with a red light decorating the bottom. No detail has been overlooked! The people that work here had to have passed a coolness test! They all just look "cool" with great hair and great tattoos. They have little guitar pic name tags with their favorite band under their name, like California Pizza Kitchen does with your hometown. If I worked here I think under my name would be either Widespread Panic or Pearl Jam. So far I've seen Guns N Roses, Sublime, and The Roots.
Being here in SD makes me remember how much I want to leave Dallas. Dallas is lame!
I'll post pics of out adventues when I get home, Saturday night.
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ashley - thanks so much for leaving me a comment on my blog! Finley is such a doll - can't wait to see your pics from the trip!
ReplyDeleteHave a safe trip home, W.
Hey! We miss you all like freakin' crazy! Can't wait to see pics. Glad you're having a great time. BTW, how can you say Dallas is lame when you have the coolest friends in the world here? Seriously... Anyway, continue to have a great time and a safe trip back!
ReplyDeleteAshley--I didn't know we had so much in common (Widespread Panic & Pearl Jam). You so need to come hang out with us down the street. Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteoh yeah .. now i see. lucky, trevor doesnt crawl ! otherwise, you might get a lot of troubles. he is also so cute!
ReplyDelete