No,nothing fancy. Just a trip to Lake Lavon- 20 mins from our house. $2 per person gets you a luxurious day at the beach. It's been so long since I swam in a lake, I totally forgot about the smooshy mud feeling of the bottom and I was really grossed out. But Finley loved it and learned to put his head underwater and once he did he couldn't stop.
I love this sign, it looks sooooo old school. So much so that people ignore it. There was broken glass everywhere!
Quick power nap for Caelan.
Hungry after nap!
Silly smiles...
Watermelon days!
Long hot summer days of staring at flies and thinking about how hot it is...
Random Caelan pic- he started actually crawling on all 4's all the time just a week ago.
Tiny Trekkers! We went on a nature hike- supposed to go with group but we were late. We went by ourselves but the lovely group leader gave us a special personal story time! Then we got to explore The Trinity River Audubon Center.
We have these same tree blocks!
Fur patch samples
Another random Caelan pic
Nothing says summer like a huge bowl of berries!
Swings!
We actually got corn from our garden- 2 edible cobs. The rest were funky. It was the best corn I've ever eaten! Seriously!
Carrots- not ready yet.
Tomatoes- just a few so far.We started late.
Finley is obsessed with drawing faces. I mean obsessed. Every piece of paper in the house has faces on them. The walls, the doors, the library books, his body...seriously! He just started one day and now sits for hours drawing and "writing" too.
Snuggles
Happy summer 2011!
Monday, July 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment