Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Adventures in Downtown

Today went on an "adventure." We took the DART rail downtown and walked to the DMA.

The train ride was great! Finley was more excited than I've ever seen him.






The DMA- not so much. It was "First Tuesday" free day. That means the place is mobbed. I am not one for crowds and neither is Kevin or Finley. We did a lot of aimless wandering, Finley got a little tattoo, then we tried to get him to put on a cowboy hat and stand in front of a "Welcome to Texas" sign to take his picture.  He was like, "What?  Um... No."  We had to leave after 45 minutes. Too many muppets everywhere.   
We had to stop at Carmine's Pizza on the way back to the train.  I know the owner, Gino. He owned the restaurant where I first waited tables.  Unfortunately he had already left but we ate some seriously yummy pizza.  Even Finley devoured his even after eating a PB sandwich and banana at DMA.
Where was Caelan during all the fun?  Passed out, sweating profusely. He woke up just in time to chew on a crust!





We just missed the train home so we stopped for some frozen yogurt.




First brain freeze. Hahahaha!

Let me just say this DMA on first Tuesdays is for insane people. Otherwise we had a lovely outing. Before Finley fell asleep tonight he said, "I loved our adventure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment