Friday, November 12, 2010

Fall Fun!

I think we all enjoy this time of year- the fun, festivities, and best of all- cool weather! We are having lots of fun celebrating the season. Well, I am at least!

I made Finley a fall inspired lunch-  hummus, sweet potatoes, and spaghetti squash- yum!  It was colorful but not so great for him.  He doesn't eat much when I give him more than one thing at a time.  It's like he's confused about which one to eat.  So much for channeling Martha Stewart!



Kevin made Finley a leaf Den.  He piled leaves over this mesh thing.  Very exciting!


Yes, that is a very snotty nose!

This was the highlight of Halloween- a ghostie cookie.  We had a runny nose and cough going on so we decided we'd better take it easy.  We didn't have many trick or treaters come to our house- like 4 groups.  One of the groups Finley decided he didn't want to share his Barbara's Snackimals that we were giving out and said, "Those are mine!  Mine mine mine mine!"  Slightly embarrassing!
He was super excited about his ghost cookie though- clearly.
Here he is eating some of his ghost cookie- we gave it to him in bits.  He looks like a hobo with that hat on and the hair in his face, plus pulling the plate away like I was going to take his last bite!

This is Finley's tree- a Northern Caltapa. We love the pretty color so much!

I have this weird thing that I only eat pumpkin stuff in October and November. December is for more Gingerbread and pecanny things (in my head.)  Anyways- I made Jack O Lantern pancakes on Halloween and they were so yummy that I made them again today but did a chocolate swirl instead of a face. I made extra to freeze!

Happy Fall!

1 comment: