Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

I have been taking a little summer break from blogging. I think I am ready to start again- as this is the only way I really document Finley's events and milestones.
I can't believe summer is over! I'm so glad- which is so weird b/c summer used to be my favorite season. We had fun though. We got to the splash park a few times but mostly had lazy days at home, playing in the back yard. The sandbox Kevin built has been a huge hit, and the wading pool helped through the longest, hottest days! I have a lot of "firsts" that I managed to capture on camera~

His first chocolate cupcake! Sweetened with agave nectar- not so awful. But a rare occasion still, don't want to make it a habit.
First splash park day!


Finley's first ketchup experience. Minus the HFCS of course. I'm not sure what he thought. I was trying to make up for the less than tasty veggie pancakes he was eating. They were very bland. He seemed to enjoy it but didn't eat very much.

First time in lake (Texoma.)

Sunset picnic at White Rock
First sunset!
First time to feed self!
First ride in new car seat! He was overdue for nap!
First time to stand in the rain


Now for some random pics!

Hugs for Uncle Ryan!



Finley is saying new words at an astounding rate. It's at least 1 new per day. He says a lot of animals but makes all of their noises- but loves to go "woof" and pant like a dog. In fact, that's how he tells me if someone is knocking on the door- he says door and barks like a dog! He now says "nurse" when he wants to nurse. His favorite words are- more, water, car, mommy, dada, ball, door, what, shoes, and- of course- no. But I never know what he's going to say next. He likes to hang out in the "downward dog" position, and recently likes to kick a leg up while doing it. He thinks the word kick is really funny and likes to do it.

Bye for now~

No comments:

Post a Comment